Environment, Enforcement and Housing Committee
The functions within the remit of the Environment, Enforcement and Housing Committee are set out below:
1) Waste management, refuse collection and recycling
2) Environmental improvement schemes
3) The quality of the public realm, including street services and grounds maintenance
4) Highway matters that are the responsibility of the Borough Council (including highway closures under the Town Police Clauses Act 1847) and drainage
5) Public conveniences
6) Cemeteries and closed churchyards
7) Unlawful incursions
8) Affordable housing
9) Housing strategy and investment programme where the Policy, Resources and Economic Development Committee does not decide to exercise such functions as the superior Committee.
10)The Housing Revenue Account Business Plan where the Policy, Resources and Economic Development Committee does not decide to exercise such functions as the superior Committee
11)Housing standards, homelessness, homelessness prevention and advice
12)Housing needs assessment
13)Housing benefit - welfare aspects
14)Private sector housing and administration of housing grants
15)Tenancy Management and landlord functions
16)To make recommendations to Policy, Resources and Economic Development Committee on the setting of rents for Council homes.
17)Operational facilities management (including maintenance) of the Town Hall and the Depot
18)Oversee and monitor the enforcement activities of the Council
19)Community Safety (including Community Safety Partnership) and CCTV
20)To implement working parties as required
Support officer: Zoey Foakes (01277 312 733).
Phone: 01277 312 733