Community & Health Committee
Purpose of committee
Community and Health Committee
1. The functions within the remit of the Community and Health Committee are set out below
a) Community and Localism Initiatives including Assets of Community Value
b) The Voluntary Sector and community partnerships
c) Leisure and cultural initiatives.
d) Parish Council liaison
e) Health and Wellbeing
f) Grants to organisations/voluntary organisations.
g) Parks, open spaces, countryside, allotments
h) Environmental Health
i) Environmental nuisance and pollution controls
j) Other miscellaneous powers enforced by Environmental Health
k) Food safety and health and safety
2. To take the lead on community leadership and consultation with stakeholders.
3. To implement working parties as required.
- Councillor Cliff Poppy (Chair)
- Councillor Mrs Cat Tierney (Vice-Chair)
- Councillor Barry Aspinell
- Councillor Mrs Vicky Davies
- Councillor Chrissy Gelderbloem
- Councillor Mrs Noelle Hones
- Councillor Jay Laplain
- Councillor Mark Reed
- Councillor Garry White
- Councillor Jon Cloke (Substitute)
- Councillor Martin Cuthbert (Substitute)
- Councillor Mark Haigh (Substitute)
- Councillor Keith Parker (Substitute)
- Councillor Will Russell (Substitute)
- Zoe Borman (Secretary)
Support officer: Zoe Borman (01277 312 736).
Phone: 01277 312 736