1. The functions within the remit of the Environment and Enforcement Committee (including the operational management of assets which for the sake of clarity also comprises maintenance) are set out below:
1) Waste management, refuse collection and recycling
2) Environmental improvement schemes
3) The quality of the public realm, including street services and grounds maintenance
4) Highway matters that are the responsibility of the Borough Council (including highway closures under the Town Police Clauses Act 1847) and drainage
5) Public conveniences
6) Cemeteries and closed churchyards
7) Unlawful incursions
8) Operational facilities management (including maintenance) of the Town Hall and the Depot
9) Environmental nuisance and pollution controls
10) Other miscellaneous powers enforced by Environmental Health
11) Food safety and health and safety
12) Oversee and monitor the enforcement activities of the Council.
Support officer: Zoe Borman 01277 312 736.
Phone: 01277 312 736