1. The functions within the remit of the Community, Health and Housing committee are set out below:
1) Community and localism Initiatives including Assets of Community Value.
2) The Voluntary Sector and community partnerships.
3) Leisure and cultural initiatives.
4) Parish Council Liaison.
5) Health and Wellbeing.
6) Grants to organisations/voluntary organisations.
7) Parks, open spaces, countryside and allotments.
8) Community Safety and CCTV.
9) Affordable Housing
10) Housing strategy and investment programme where the Policy, Finance and Resource Committee does not decide to exercise such functions as the superior Committee.
11) The Housing Revenue Account Business Plan where the Policy, Finance and Resources Committee does not decide to exercise such functions as the superior Committee.
12) Housing standards, homelessness, homelessness prevention and advice.
13) Housing needs assessments.
14) Housing benefit – welfare aspects.
15) Private sector housing and administration of housing grants.
16) Tenancy Management and landlord functions.
17) To make recommendations of Finance and Resources on the setting of rents for Council homes.
2. To take the lead on community leadership and consultation with stakeholders.
Support officer: Zoey Foakes 01277 312 733.
Phone: 01277 312 733